I want a strong orange scented soap, help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATL-Soap

Reaction score
Hi - I want a strongly scented sweet orange scented liquid soap...I am finding that sweet orange EO separates from my soap over time (creates a film on the top)....also the scent seems to be very weak....for example, I cannot smell it on my hands when I wash with the soap.

I have a savon de marseille liquid soap that is just bursting with orange scent...and its several years old...

Should I use something besides SO EO? Maybe a FO? Is there a special technique?

Help! I want a strongly scented orange soap.

Thanks!

I know Liberty has a number of Orange EO to choose from, maybe they could let you know which one has the longest staying power for the product you are making.

Hi, I just made Orange scented orange colored soap tonight :shock: I will let you know how it comes out, but I can tell you my house is bursting with Orange scent big time :wink:
I mixed: Mandarin Spice from www.kycandlewaxsupply.com and Orange Cream Danish from www.aromahaven.com.
I will definatly let you know tomorrow how it smells :D

For a strong orange scent you either need to use an FO or an EO that is not a true citrus, such as Bergamot.

You can also use a "folded" orange EO, but they still aren't all that stable.

bconrade884 said:
Hi, I just made Orange scented orange colored soap tonight :shock: I will let you know how it comes out, but I can tell you my house is bursting with Orange scent big time :wink:
I mixed: Mandarin Spice from www.kycandlewaxsupply.com and Orange Cream Danish from www.aromahaven.com.
I will definatly let you know tomorrow how it smells :D

This soap I made is delicious. The scent is nice and strong and I used it in the shower and my skin held the scent well after showering. I will definatly use these scents again.

Latest posts

Back