I think I might have found the perfect coconut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I, like so many others, went in search of a good coconut FO that behaves in CP. Today I tried "Coconut" from Daystar Supplies. So far, so good. It smells yummy, like fresh coconut. There's no funkiness and it doesn't smell like suntan lotion. I tried it in whipped shea the other night and I just couldn't stop sniffing it. I hope it sticks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sandra

Recently soaped with a coconut FO that I'd purchased from Wholesale Supplies and it soaped beautifully and smells wonderful. I'll be reordering it.

The coconut I got from Saveonscents must have a vanilla component, because every batch has turn beige to brown. The smell is great, but I don't like the fact that I can't keep the color light enough to match the scent.

mamaT said:
The coconut I got from Saveonscents must have a vanilla component, because every batch has turn beige to brown. The smell is great, but I don't like the fact that I can't keep the color light enough to match the scent.

Well, at least it matches more with the outside hull of a coconut! :wink:

IrishLass :)

not so good news

well I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: I lost my brain and insulated the batch even though I knew I shouldn't. It overheated and turned in to a cavernous, oily mess. I don't have any desire to rebatch it. So I don't know if it will fade during cure. I used the last of the FO in a batch of whipped shea for my mom so I will have to order more before I can retest.

Good News: When I went to clean up the soap bucket from that batch, 2 days later, it still smelled divine. No yucky plastic smell!!!

im ordering the coconut from peak, is that a good one? loving brown sugar fig from there.

Latest posts

Back