I pulled it off - Soap display

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't comment on the price because I haven't really priced displays (I can say that it is too expensive for me at this time).

But the shipping is high! Again, I don't know what it weighs or would actually cost to ship but I would weigh it and get a good estimate at usps.com. Maybe you did that already? Is there any way to fit it in a flat rate box or do something else?

If you add the price plus shipping that is way far out of my price range.... lol.

I went and looked through Etsy and I'd say price and shipping are comparable to the other displays. Your display is actually priced quite reasonably compared to a few of the others, IMO.

I think if people want an organized and attractive display then they're going to buy and not worry too much about the initial outlay. Look at it from the viewpoint of how long wooden displays will last and average it out over several shows.

I think your price is very reasonable. My guy is a woodworker and I know the work that goes into stuff like that.

Whatever you do...don't underprice and not get enough for the work that you do!

They're beautiful!

agriffin said:
I think your price is very reasonable. My guy is a woodworker and I know the work that goes into stuff like that.

Whatever you do...don't underprice and not get enough for the work that you do!

They're beautiful!

I agree... make sure the price you're charging is fair for the amount of time you're putting in. I have no idea how long it takes to make one of these but I'm sure it's several hours... make sure you are "paying" yourself.

Shipping always seems high to me. What about the new Priority Flat rate commercial A & B boxes. They have bigger boxes and the prices are alot more reasonable. You have to order the boxes through the Postal service and print out you label, you can request pick up from your house, I have a huge rural mailbox and most boxes fit in there.

Here's the webpage. Would they fit in the A-1 or B-1 boxes?
https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/st...10000002&top_category=10000002&WT.ac=10000114

It's worth checking out, it doesn't cost you anything to order the boxes.

BTW, I really like the displays, I would buy one.

Shipping can be expensive but I don't think $20 is unreasonable for something the size and weight of this display. You also have to buy a box and packaging supplies plus burn gas taking it to be shipped. It would be great if you found a cheaper way to ship but you also don't want to take a loss on it.

I'd buy one or two if I had a need for displays. Maybe I'll be ready to do craft shows for the 2012 holiday season and will need them. :D I did add your shop and the display to my favorites list.

I sold one on Etsy. Yay!!! Bad news it cost me almost double what I charged for shipping after the box and packing materials. :(. I need to work on a way to ship them disassembled a bit.

Congratulations! :D

I'm sorry to hear it cost more than you thought it would to ship. Shipping is a killer. Are you using UPS to ship?

I wish I had a solution for you.

On an aside...

What award did you win for your Lemon Verbena soap? I saw that on your Etsy shop.

Soap display is really beautiful.

Sharna

Thanks for your post. The soap took first place in the state fair for cold process.

do not ship through ups, i use the regular us mail when I ship out through my other business. UPS is ridiculous..

I would like one of these two btw.. hopefully after I make my first batch. I'm still studying lol..

Latest posts

Back