I make crazy cakes!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do enjoy that guitar cake, Greenman. :]

Jody - haha, yet another person inspired by my rainbow cake! :D

So cool! I love it! Sushi I would actually eat!

Deda said:
So cool! I love it! Sushi I would actually eat!

Can't eat too much though because it contains so much sugar that it makes your teeth feel like they are eroding!

and here's a pic of a soap cake I made two years ago:

SoapCake.JPG

and one slice of it.

SoapSLice.JPG

I scented it with applejack, and made a separate chocolate 'icing' (soap). colored with cocoa powder, no scent. The 'coconut' shreds are soap shavings from many bars I save.

I used a silicone mold for the cake, and after freezing it for 24 hours, it came out easily.

Wow, that cake maker is so awesome. :0 And your soap cake is brilliant, too! Looks good enough to eat :D
I have ideas for soap confectionary I want to make :) But it will be a while yet, I've only just made my first batch of soap yesterday. I can't wait for it to set!

Those cakes are beautiful!

As far as the sushi not being cake, you could easily make them into mini cakes. Just bake a cake normally, cut out circles (you'll probably need a number of layers to get the right length), ice the layered circles and cover with black fondant (yes you can buy it already black and I would recommend doing so as it will take 600 pounds of colorant to get it black AND it will turn your mouth black :lol: ). If you wanted to make it look like rice and put the red "fish" in the middle, ice the top normally and cover with coconut shreds; repeat on the other side if desired. Then either pipe a red dot in the middle with a large hole tip or, if you wanna be really fancy, you could cut out the center of each layer with a tiny cutter before assembling (or after if you have a big enough cutter or wanna try it freehand). Once the whole thing is put together, put the tip into the middle and pipe your "fish" centers with icing or strawberry jam, or whatever else you wanted and repeat from the other side. Kind of like filling a canolli. I should say I've never tried this, but just looking at the picture, it looks like it'd be relatively easy to do if you had the time and inclination and it would be REALLY cool and I'm guessing a real hit that even non sushi lovers like myself would gobbble up! :D

I am so impressed by the creativity in this forum! Keep it up everybody. You're inspiring me! :D

Oh my god. I have a serious weakness for dessert and now its 10:30 and I want cake!

Fabulous! All are so creative and SO well done! Didn't think it was possible to crave BOTH sushi and cake at the same time!!

Latest posts

Back