I make crazy cakes!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rah

Reaction score
Hellooo. I just joined yesterday, haven't actually made any soap yet but I thought I could show you some of the cakes I make. :)
They are not very professional as I like to mess about and am far too tempted by food colouring, but they look quite cool anyway!

My friend and I developed a way of making stripy cakes!
rainbow.jpg

cheshcake.jpg

P1020415.jpg

This one was made for a friend's birthday last weekend. For those of you who don't recognise the image I painted on the top, it's the Joker from the recent Batman film :)
WhySoDelicious.jpg

CUPCAAKES! (excuse poor camera quality. I normally have to nick my friend's Canon for the decent photos.)
cakes.jpg

And I know this isn't really cake, but I like it anyway.
Upon first glance you may think this is sushi... WRONG! It is strawberry laces wrapped in coconut ice and covered in dark green icing. Mmmm. :]
CoconutRICE.jpg

Now look at the mess I am in!

My 10 y/o was just looking over my shoulder & now insists she will be having a rainbow BDay cake for her birthday next month.

Those really are amazing!

Fantastic! Without a doubt your artistic abilities will shine in your new soap endeavors.

:oops: Thanks a lot, all of you!

And Tabitha, I'm sorry! But they are not too hard to do if you are not concerned with being too precise (I baked all the layers individually because I wanted them all to be perfectly level.) But if you just poured the different colours on top of each other in the sandwich tins (and levelled them out in between) it would have a similar effect as this, they would just mix together a little bit. :)

And thank you, Chay. :oops: I certainly hope so!

Rah - so talented (loving the Joker...). With your creativity and love of colour you are going to be one amazing soaper!!! I am so looking forward to sharing in your soaping journey. You rock!

Tanya :)

Thanks Lindy and IanT!

And no, I don't think we have the food network over here. Or if we do, I don't watch it. What is charm city?

Gaaah, thanks topcat! Hope I don't disappoint!

Man, I really need to get soaping soon! :0 Must go on an ingredients hunt.

Tabitha said:
Now look at the mess I am in!

My 10 y/o was just looking over my shoulder & now insists she will be having a rainbow BDay cake for her birthday next month.

Those really are amazing!

Tabitha - my 17 YO was looking over mine too and also insists she will be having a gorgeous rainbow cake......by my girlie is going to make her own!!! (She's going to be a chef so my cakes do not 'cut' it anymore :wink:.....)

TC :)

Wow, glad I've been some inspiration. :)

If any of you do make rainbow cakes I'd love to see!
Or any other cakes you happen to have photos of already... I'm nosy... :lol:

I LOVE cake!!! And yours look fab!! These are very creative!

Digit

Rah as a fellow baker of cakes you really want to look at this

http://www.charmcitycakes.com/noflash/

The show Ace of cakes on the food network that shows them making these cakes. there are also cake making compatitions on the food network that are fun to watch.

Roy

Oh I've seen that programme a couple of times. :) I wish I could do what they do, it's amazing!
And you make cakes too? Feel free to show them here! *is nosy*

Those are great Greenman!!! :lol: Don't know how I missed them.

Digit

Silly me,

I just joined awile ago and am so into soap making I have never even bothered to look at any other forum other than the soap forum and the pictures of course.

LOOK WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING!!!!! That rainbow cake is amazing!!!! Lucky me has a chef son and he is DEFINATELY going to be shown this pic. It's my birthday in a few weeks and we'll see just how much he loves his mommy!!!!

Back