I made my 1st batch of soap!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Reaction score
I finally made soap!! This is going to sound nerdy, but it was so exciting :D I used the shea butter recipe from Smart Soapmaking and it went really well. I'm going to upload a pic of the soap while it was in the mold. It's all unmolded and sliced and the next 4 weeks are going to be tough.

Anyway, this forum has been an amazing help and I didn't think anyone else would understand just how exciting this is.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your first batch. We all get how exciting it is. There's no turning back now!

Steve85569

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one gets hooked, er ah, well you all know what I'm trying to say.:mrgreen:

Welcome to the addiction!
You'll be needing more room for curing soap. Trust me. Stackable cookie racks.

Congratulations on your first batch. Try and wait at least a week before test a sliver. I do know how hard it can be.

BusyHands

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Yes, the 1st four weeks are going to seem like forever!! Lol. I still go & look at the soaps on my curing rack everyday! I smell them everyday. Insanity! But I love it.

navigator9

Reaction score
No need to explain or apologize for your excitement here...we understand, believe me. I also used Anne Watson's recipe with shea butter for my first soap. I loved her book, and her way of teaching. I used a milk carton as a mold as she suggested, and the soap turned out beautifully, and I'm sure yours will too. By the way, if you have a Kindle, Anne's books are frequently offered on Amazon free, or for 99 cents.

Reaction score
Here are the pics. I used lavender eo and no color. I actually couldn't wait so I cut up a bar into slivers and tried the 1st one before I read the posts. I'll wait a week to try the next one.

IMG_20160215_135943.jpg

IMG_20160213_203733~2.jpg

Soapsavvy

Reaction score
Well done !!!:clap: I wanted to ask what you think of that crafters choice mold you used. Did it bulge at the sides? How much soap did it hold?

Reaction score
:) Thank you. I loved the mold. It's a really nice strong silicone. No bulging whatsoever. Even with how thick and nice it is, I had no problem pulling the sides away from the soap and popping it out. This one was a 2lb mold, so 8 really good sized bars.

Reaction score
No need to explain or apologize for your excitement here...we understand, believe me. I also used Anne Watson's recipe with shea butter for my first soap. I loved her book, and her way of teaching. I used a milk carton as a mold as she suggested, and the soap turned out beautifully, and I'm sure yours will too. By the way, if you have a Kindle, Anne's books are frequently offered on Amazon free, or for 99 cents.
I do have a kindle and bought a bunch already :D I really loved how easy she makes everything seem.

Latest posts