I made my 1st batch of soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally made soap!! This is going to sound nerdy, but it was so exciting :D I used the shea butter recipe from Smart Soapmaking and it went really well. I'm going to upload a pic of the soap while it was in the mold. It's all unmolded and sliced and the next 4 weeks are going to be tough.

Anyway, this forum has been an amazing help and I didn't think anyone else would understand just how exciting this is.

Congratulations!!! Yes, the 1st four weeks are going to seem like forever!! Lol. I still go & look at the soaps on my curing rack everyday! I smell them everyday. Insanity! But I love it.

No need to explain or apologize for your excitement here...we understand, believe me. I also used Anne Watson's recipe with shea butter for my first soap. I loved her book, and her way of teaching. I used a milk carton as a mold as she suggested, and the soap turned out beautifully, and I'm sure yours will too. By the way, if you have a Kindle, Anne's books are frequently offered on Amazon free, or for 99 cents.

Here are the pics. I used lavender eo and no color. I actually couldn't wait so I cut up a bar into slivers and tried the 1st one before I read the posts. I'll wait a week to try the next one.

IMG_20160215_135943.jpg

IMG_20160213_203733~2.jpg

Well done !!!:clap: I wanted to ask what you think of that crafters choice mold you used. Did it bulge at the sides? How much soap did it hold?

:) Thank you. I loved the mold. It's a really nice strong silicone. No bulging whatsoever. Even with how thick and nice it is, I had no problem pulling the sides away from the soap and popping it out. This one was a 2lb mold, so 8 really good sized bars.

No need to explain or apologize for your excitement here...we understand, believe me. I also used Anne Watson's recipe with shea butter for my first soap. I loved her book, and her way of teaching. I used a milk carton as a mold as she suggested, and the soap turned out beautifully, and I'm sure yours will too. By the way, if you have a Kindle, Anne's books are frequently offered on Amazon free, or for 99 cents.

I do have a kindle and bought a bunch already :D I really loved how easy she makes everything seem.

Latest posts

Back