I made an awesome Hempseed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mandolyn :lol:

Hey, by the way.... I noticed the CO was high in that recipe.... maybe that was where all the bubbles came from?

May I ask you how high you superfatted that?

IanT said:
been keeping good notes and I have a folder on my cpu dedicated to it which is VERY organized (research, recipes, websites, sourcing, good posts, etc....)

Smack!!!!! Where is the challenge in THAT? :lol:

dragonfly princess said:
CRAP!!!!! You are supposed to write this stuff down? GEEZ!!!!

I think IanT should be keeping our notes.

Hempsters Haven is a softer soap and it is DH's favorite. I had to put it in a soap sock because he uses it in no time. Got him a scrubby but he insists on using the bar itself. Next time I think I may try to tweak it for hardness. I made it this past week with goat milk and it is not looking very good. :roll:

Digit

digit said:
IanT said:
been keeping good notes and I have a folder on my cpu dedicated to it which is VERY organized (research, recipes, websites, sourcing, good posts, etc....)

Smack!!!!! Where is the challenge in THAT? :lol:

dragonfly princess said:
CRAP!!!!! You are supposed to write this stuff down? GEEZ!!!!

I think IanT should be keeping our notes.

Hempsters Haven is a softer soap and it is DH's favorite. I had to put it in a soap sock because he uses it in no time. Got him a scrubby but he insists on using the bar itself. Next time I think I may try to tweak it for hardness. I made it this past week with goat milk and it is not looking very good. :roll:

Digit
:lol: :lol:

i bet if we made a recipe with hempseed oil, avocado oil, and olive&CO oil it would be a killaaaaah bar

I'm pretty sure I had babassu in it as well (since i out it in almost everything). I'm going to sit down today after I make my 20 pounds slated for today and try to recreate it....I will then do a couple of test batches tomorrow. If I come up with something close I will post the recipe cause it really was one of the best soaps I have ever used.

JOanne

that must be so annoying, to find a lovely bar, and then not the ingredients.

I'm new to this addiction, but am making sure that I document each batch (with notes) on my blog, right after I do it. Fingers crossed I won't forget something, and your post will stay in my mind so I don't slack off from doing that I think.

SoapyGal said:
Thanks mandolyn :lol:

Hey, by the way.... I noticed the CO was high in that recipe.... maybe that was where all the bubbles came from?

May I ask you how high you superfatted that?

Yes & the Castor would contribute to the bubbly as well.

As for superfatting. I'm at work, so I'll have to check that when I get home. I think I did 5% on the first batch & 7% on the last batch, but not sure of that.

I'll post again later after I check that.

The recipe as is made a nice hard bar.

OK! I checked my soaping journal. I superfatted at 5%.

Lately, though, I've been superfatting all my batches at 7%. I kept it to a minimum because of the short shelf life of hempseed oil.

Latest posts

Back