Husband just got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ve gotten along t of advice and hugs. I too was just diagnosed this past June. Been on Metformin and now on Ozempic. I get it from Birdi (mail order), lot cheaper. Just had my dietician meeting. She recommended plating diet, 1/2 plate veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 good carbs (quinoa, beans,etc). I also just found heart of palm noodles, I really like those 😊. Water, water, water - one day at a time, walk 30 mins day, strength train, and get a good night’s sleep. Hugs

Family medicine and geriatrician here with some input. Diabetes type 2 can be of the hardest metabolic disorders to deal with because taking medication without lifestyle changes generally does not work. Not all carbs will cause your blood sugar to sky rocket either. Some people find they are more sensitive to certain foods than others. I do advise people to look at the glycemic index to see which ones are most likely to cause blood sugar spikes. It’s hard to cut out things you love and it is okay to have the foods that you love, but it’s best to reduce the quantity and frequency of those foods and to also find yummy substitutes. Everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for the other. Do the best you can and work with a dietician and your doctor for the best plan for you.

I absolutely love using Ozempic in my patients and the mechanism that makes it such a great diabetic drug is also the reason why people can get sick from it. It slows down your GI tract so that you are fuller faster and for a longer duration. You start low and go slow with it and get a good history to ensure it is the right medication for you.

Latest posts

Back