Husband for sale!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Husband? Naw Ive got an adult son for sale who, a while back opened the freezer and tossed in a 5-pound bag of ice right on top of my loaf of newly poured hp soap. I found it an hour later looking like some sort of abstract sculpture.

my husband would DIE if the thermostat went to 72, unless that was the air conditioning temp during summer! I'm lucky if I can get him to agree to bump it up to 69 when it's really cold ousidet. But like you, I consider myself highly blessed that this is one of very few disagreements we have. So I wear a lot of sweaters and fuzzy socks, and always have blankets at the ready. ;)
I have a tower space heater in my room because my husband thinks 70 is too warm in the winter and 65 is not cool enough in the summer.

@KimW as much as I'd like to keep solidarity with the soap wives here, I have to respectfully disagree about the inside temp being affected by the outside temp. The HVAC folks explained to us that the outside temp affects the temp of the building structure itself. So unless you have radiant heat in your floors or ceiling, during the winter, the walls, ceiling, and floors of the house itself will be colder than the air temp that has been heated by the typical HVAC system. Those colder building surfaces are what eventually cause the air to cool down, and the thermostat to kick back on. In the meantime, the colder air emanating off those surfaces does affect the "feel" inside the house. Same is true in reverse during the summer.

PS - can you tell that our household has done a lot of arguing spirited discussions scientific investigation into this issue? 😂
Hubby shall never see this post. 🤣

And because I do want to keep solidarity, I shall never alert him to it, either. ;)
Confession: I just told him about your post. LOL That's how we work, I guess. We had a good laugh and though he obviously felt rightly vindicated, I'm sticking to my guns on lowering the heat at night, I say!

Confession: I just told him about your post. LOL That's how we work, I guess. We had a good laugh and though he obviously felt rightly vindicated, I'm sticking to my guns on lowering the heat at night, I say!
Oh, I love the house to be cold at night, because then it is so yummy to huddle under piles of covers! But the daytime is another story.

It was just a small amount (. 2lbs) The mixed colours looked terrible
so I just pitched it
Faint.gif

Wait a min! I have been considering a second Husband to supplement my original model! How are his teeth, does bite, snore, or have smelly feet? Can he handle our Pennsylvania temps with out needing extra fuel of insulation? When was his last inspection date? Is he current on all his shots? If he passes muster, I bid $12.00 for him!

This model has a few miles on him. Warranty has expired, but is in good health. You are a better woman than I am! You want two????? LOL
He is used to the cold weather ( we live in Ontario)
arrival date - March 1
I’m sorry but there will be no returns. All sales are final.

:nonono:Did this thread really need to get revived? Somebody has got to stand up for the poor guy! What is happening? $5? $12? $12?
I think the passage reads "Love is patient and kind. Love bears all things, endures all things, forgives all things." Not "Love endures all except for when a clutzy accident splashes soap batter."
Sorry, couldn't help myself. It seems my husband self is over-riding my soapmaker self.
With great affection, #TeamFendiboy
P.S. Gotta love this forum!

This model has a few miles on him. Warranty has expired, but is in good health. You are a better woman than I am! You want two????? LOL
He is used to the cold weather ( we live in Ontario)
arrival date - March 1
I’m sorry but there will be no returns. All sales are final.

Sold! I hope he has a better back, or can run a snow blower, as he will be relocating to SW Philadelphia, PA!

Not gonna bid either... I have enough problems and I have no experience with husbands lmao

If he comes with a lot of money though..........
Good point, @Dawni! If he has enough money to fund the soaping habit, including any spills related thereto, then that's definitely something to consider.

What about shipping to the Philippines though? Darn, it always comes down to those shipping costs, doesn't it??

Good point, @Dawni! If he has enough money to fund the soaping habit, including any spills related thereto, then that's definitely something to consider.

What about shipping to the Philippines though? Darn, it always comes down to those shipping costs, doesn't it??
Oh yes, just for the soap - I don't spend much otherwise lol

I thought shipping was free?? Also if he came with lots of money, it shouldn't matter much, if it wasn't free haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back