HP soapy mess

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaganArts

Reaction score
made my very first HP stick blender soap and what a disaster. Everything that could go wrong did starting with the dog was asleep when I began but woke up, wanted out, wanted a snack, cat under my feet, infrared thermometer I bought didn't work right, the batch didn't bubble up like videos show...it did go through the phases though. I added plain yogurt and some almond milk but it didn't stay fluid enough to swirl so I just glopped it into the mold. The bars are a tad soft still but cut ok.

You may not always get the bubbling up/volcano. Sometimes you may not see all the stages. A lot depends on the temperature you are soaping at, how often you stir etc.

Sometimes, i hold some water out at the beginning and add some sugar to it and heat it up (170 or higher) and I add it back in at the end. I also use a bit of hot sugar water to mix my mica in.

Ditto on not always seeing the stages. One of my first soaps got so overcooked coz I was waiting for them. Haven't done that since lol

And I hear ya about the dogs n cats.. And in my case, a toddler lol

Latest posts

Back