HP soap lined with Bubble Wrap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lined my log mold with bubble wrap........after I poured in the hot soap, I gave my mold a whack on the counter, to pack everything down, Then I took another strip of bubble wrap and pressed on top.....kind of pressing more on the edges so it would hump up in the middle, and left it on there.

Then just leave it alone until it sets completly up before you try and unmold.

My recipe was just my 80/20 Lard/ Coconut Oil, I used Sugar in my lye water and Sodium Lactate also added to my lye water.

I colored with sunshine yellow ( Celestial Colors) when my soap was at trace before it cooked in the crockpot.

It is my favorite soap.....:)

I ordered some sodium lactate for my HP soap. I just HAD to get some. Did you discount your water at all? It's just nice to be able to do HP when I'm worried about certain FOs seizing.

I used powered SL, and mixed it with the water, and measured it all out the normal amount. I use 2% of the powdered SL ( 2% of the amount of my oils)

oh my gosh that is SO awesome, makes me want to eat it! did you use light olive oil, mine never turns out so white.

It doesn't have olive oil..... Just Lard, and Coconut Oil, SL, and Sugar and water and FO.

OK, I made hp and tried squishing bubble wrap on top, it didnt do anything, how do you do this please?

Latest posts

Back