How to put Essential Oils on INCI list in Europe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twiggy

Reaction score
Hi All :) Since few days I struggle to find out how to label my soaps properly. So I'm ok with label names for oils that been saponified, but I have problem with finding info how to list EO. Doeas any one has come across such information?

Thank you Radar! So is just about the botanical name of EO? What about the allergens? For example, how to list correctly cinnamon EO in soap?

Ok, I think I have it :) There is an example:
Lavender oil in INCI list should look like that: Lavandula augustifolia, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol.
So Lavandula augustifolia is botanical name, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol – thouse are the allergens listed on EO safety data sheets, and present in quantity larger than 0.01%. But is it 0,01% of total product weight, or total of oils weight… ?

Am I right?

Ok, I think I have it :) There is an example:
Lavender oil in INCI list should look like that: Lavandula augustifolia, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol.
So Lavandula augustifolia is botanical name, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol – thouse are the allergens listed on EO safety data sheets, and present in quantity larger than 0.01%. But is it 0,01% of total product weight, or total of oils weight… ?

Am I right?

You are.
Comes down to just about the same thing after the soap has cured.

Latest posts

Back