How to get rid of Dimples in Lotion Bar Tubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickgould

Reaction score
I seem to get dimples in my lotion bar tubes as my liquid turns into a solid. How do I fix that? I'd like it to look at least flat, if not rounded.
Thanks.
Vickie

you can under pour and then top it off (make sure your top-off is pretty darned hot so it bonds with the first pour, you can over pour and then scrape it off (works best using a filling tray), or you can try a heat gun (challenging at best)

Yep, top it off a bit. The dimples are from pouring hot, you could also try pouring cooler. I think it is just earier to plan to top them off though.

You can run a heat gun over the top quickly and when the bar melts, it will fill in the dimple :wink:

awi, I try that on occasion but the darned heat gun BLOWS and it simply shifts the melted stuff off my balms it runs down the side. then I have a messed up top AND tubes to clean off.

how do you make it work?

Maybe it is the heat gun...mine is a real cheap one I picked up at michaels craft store a while back. It doesn't blow the air very hard. I just wave it in a circle over my tubes holding it about 5 to 6 inches away. I have noticed if I don't keep the heat gun moving, it does blow the liquid around more.

Is it really bad? I notice that even big-time commercial lip balms have a "dimple" on the top.

I have never felt it detracted from the lip balm. 8)

Back