How to dilute "No paste" for foaming soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exarmymedic

Reaction score
The Soaping 101 video for foaming soap requires a paid membership to view now! I've been making foaming soap for years from the "No Paste #4" recipe in the Liquid Soapmaking book. I always reference that video when it comes to diluting it for foaming soap. I CANNOT remember the percentages of soap base, polysorbate 80, preservative, and fragrance. Can anyone tell me what they are?

in the Liquid Soapmaking book
Which Liquid Soapmaking book? There are about as many ways to make LS as there are LS'ers! LOL So, not everyone will know what you're talking about unless they have the same book.

For example, I learned to make LS from Catherine Failor's book which is considered the "Bible" of liquid soapmaking. Based on that, my foamers need 1 part diluted soap to 3 parts water. I don't need nor do I use preservative. I don't always need to use Poly-80 to make fragrance water-soluble, but when I do, I use 1 part fragrance to 3-4 parts Poly 80 or 20.

I'm sorry that video is no longer available to you. I hope someone comes along who knows the answer.

Hello, I also have a big challange how to make foaming soap.
I used 1 par soap paste with 2 parts of water, but somehow i can not manage to get foam. Weather is to gooey because of gumi acacia or to liquid, so it does not foam.
Does anyone have any advice left?

@desireerenoir -- If you want to use liquid soap in a foaming dispenser, first thing is to NOT add thickener (gum acacia). All that will do is plug up the foamer and nozzle. Second is to experiment with the amount of water -- my guess is you probably need more water. Most people dilute more than you are doing.

If you want more advice, I recommend you start a new thread and ask your question there, rather than hiding it in someone else's thread.

@Exarmymedic -- If you had a more general question or could provide more details about your recipe and method, we could probably help you further. But your question is very specific about info given in a particular video. My best advice is to pay for a month's membership at Soaping 101, find that video, and take good notes so you have that information for future reference.

Hi @desireerenoir. Welcome to SMF! It would be helpful if you could take some time to go to the Introduction forum and tell us a little about yourself, especially your experience in making soap. That way we know whether we are addressing an experienced soapmaker or a Newbie. ;)

Does anyone have any advice left?
There are so many ways to make LS that, unless we know your recipe and technique, we'd only be guessing at the advice we can offer. Please post the printout of your recipe, or share a link, and we can go from there.

Hi @desireerenoir. Welcome to SMF! It would be helpful if you could take some time to go to the Introduction forum and tell us a little about yourself, especially your experience in making soap. That way we know whether we are addressing an experienced soapmaker or a Newbie. ;)

There are so many ways to make LS that, unless we know your recipe and technique, we'd only be guessing at the advice we can offer. Please post the printout of your recipe, or share a link, and we can go from there.
Hi, thank you for this invite. Made my first post by introduction. Yay.

I will as suggested by @DeeAnna, start new foaming soap thread, although, there is most certainly already existing, have to check that first.🙃

Latest posts

Back