How much will YOUR scale weigh?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeejayPancake

Reaction score
With my research, and common sense, I've realized that a food scale is an essential piece of weaponry in your soap-making arena. I wanna purchase one that'll be perfect for my needs, but not overdo it (because the more the scales will weigh, the more expensive they are).

3 kilo; but I'm thinking of buying a new one that can be callibrated.
It's more important how accurate your scale is than how much it weights.

I have a small jewelery scale I got on ebay a few years ago for jewelery making and BioDiesel experiments. It's pocket sized, cost ~$15 (new, ebay), weighs up to 1 pound and is accurate to 1/10 a gram. It's a bit of a bother for 40 pound batches, which I use a 5 pound postage scale for.

I was using one that did 4.5 pounds and that worked for a while....now I just got an 11 pound. I think it will be better! :D

i got an american weigh that weighs up to 11 lbs. i love it! it doesn't shut off too fast! just used it tonite first time soap making though used it in kitchen prior it is the best! thanks kitn! i guess it's not the same exact one you have but i think it's the same brand

Latest posts

Back