How long do you wait to try your soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlt503

Reaction score
I am curious how long everyone waits before they try their soap? You know how it is, you make a really nice looking batch of soap and you just want to try it. But I usually wait about 3-4 weeks to try it.
How long do you wait?
Thanks

when I first started, I would cheat all the time and use it after a couple of weeks, but its pretty drying and its really worth waiting a while, at least 4 weeks you can really notice the difference and it lasts longer.

I do test my off cuts though after a couple of days (on my hands) just to see if the colours run.

Now I have so many soaps I cant keep up, so by the time I get to use them its been a while anyway :lol:

Being a bit impatient, I usually try washing my hands with a bar after 48-72 hrs, once it's finished saponifying, just to check the lathering ability and scent. Friends or family don't get any until at least 4 weeks of cure, as I soap with 40-50% OO and they are still a bit soft.

I will test my soap ends within the first couple days to see how the scent is working. I don't have sensitive skin, so I don't mind the slight drying effect. I wait a few weeks before putting a bar to use though. I love a HARD bar of soap so it's usually 6-8 weeks and I use a 50%lye.

Couple of days...I'm an impatient soul.
The soap is better in a month though and even better again in 3.

4 weeks at least, regardless whether it's cp or hp

i used to cheat (and just wash hands with it) but it's way too drying and i think the wait is worth it (ohhhhhh the suspense of it all!)

tasha said:
4 weeks at least, regardless whether it's cp or hp

i used to cheat (and just wash hands with it) but it's way too drying and i think the wait is worth it (ohhhhhh the suspense of it all!)

same here. Castile at least 6 months.

I wait 4 weeks at least. I make so much now that I have plenty of other soaps to use up (usually about 10 to 12 on the bathroom counter).

SudsyKat said:
I wait 4 weeks at least. I make so much now that I have plenty of other soaps to use up (usually about 10 to 12 on the bathroom counter).

You must have a larger vanity than me - I only have about 8 or 9 on mine. :lol:

Well it used to be would try one bar after about a week but now that I have some stock built up I wait 4 weeks or so . I find the bars really are better .Lately I am on a HP kick but I like CP To.

Latest posts

Back