How is soaperschoice organic olive oil?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Earthen_Step

Reaction score
I'm looking for high quality organic olive oil. The last organic olive oil I bought was disappointing from another supplier. I'm looking for a robust high grade olive oil. The California Ranch brand is spectacular, but they don't offer organic yet. Kirkland brand is nice and I might go with them.

Could anyone compare the smell/taste of soaperschoice organic olive oil vs kirkland signature organic olive oil? I emailed them and received no response, which makes me more hesitant. I've been happy with other oils from soaperschoice but I've never tried the olive oil.

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased their organic olive oil in a 35 lb cubitainer. I didn't taste it. Only soaped with it to be honest (I may have used some to cook when I bought it but I don't remember) I know I didn't taste it by itself. I don't have a Costco near me to try the kirklands brand although I've heard good things about it!

I still have some left from when I purchased it about 1.5 years ago. It still smells great and has not gone off at all. It gives a dark yellow color in soap since its naturally so dark green to begin with. I can send you a picture of it in a clear glass bowl if you'd like. I don't use it in soap any more as I've decided it's just not worth it for me.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't used that olive oil. I soap with whatever I get from the store. I don't believe in buying extra virgin olive oil save for cooking and even then, I still prefer regular olive oil for actual cooking. It doesn't help that many distributers make a killing for inferior EVOO.

Latest posts