How do you wrap your CP soaps???????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barb,
Thank you.
Your display is lovely. Orgqanized and pretty at the same time. Did you purchase the display wooden boxes or make them?
Marianne

Barb, thanks for all the info. Your display and soaps are beautiful!

One day I hope my soaps can be in the same class as the beautiful bars I see and drool over on the forum. :roll:

Digit

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have been making soap since 1997. You were asking about shrink wrap. Quite a few years ago we used shrink wrap on our soaps. Both cold process and transparent. We found that the soap tended to go "off" quite fast compared to those with just the cigar band. I think since soap looses moisture continually it needs somewhere to go. The shrink wrap just holds it to the soap. If your turn around is very rapid, this wouldn't matter. Except who knows how long your customer may hold on to it before using it. The last thing you want is for your customer to unwrap a less than perfect example of your product.

I have even had a problem with storing the cigar wrapped CP soaps in an airtight container. It sweats and leaves marks on the soap. I also allow my soaps to sit in open air for 6 weeks before I sell them, so I don't think that's the problem. I am not sure how long they continue to loose water.

Marianne

I think a CP soap can continue to loose moisture for many months, perhaps even 5 or 6. It depends on how much liquids were used, weather it geled or not, and the humidity in which the stored bars are kept. I feel a 5 to 6 month old CP soap is in prime condition.

Paul

Back