How do you store pre-mixed colorant?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanam

Reaction score
I have tried a few different ways of storing my pre-mixed colorants (my oxides, etc. that I have pre-dispersed in carrier oil). However, everything I have tried usually ends up as a mess. I've tried glass bale jars, Rubbermaid screw cap containers, etc. I am thinking about trying squirt bottles next. What does everyone else use??

Those sound like a good idea too...I definitely need something less messy than spooning it out of Rubbermaid containers with drippy lids.

I use 4 oz. HDPE bullet bottles with Yorker tops. The only problem I have is the mica/color settles to the bottom and the frother is too short to reach. I wish they'd make one a couple of inches longer, soapers would buy them up. I shake them up and sometime mix back up with a skewer.

BTW, I mix my mica, oxides with glycerin!

What about putting a shaker ball in them? I do face and body art when wearing my other hat, and we usually get Stainless Steel nuts at the hardware store, and drop those into our makeup bottles and they make very good agitators. This way, if using squirty bottles a good shake should mix things back up.

What about putting a shaker ball in them? I do face and body art when wearing my other hat, and we usually get Stainless Steel nuts at the hardware store, and drop those into our makeup bottles and they make very good agitators. This way, if using squirty bottles a good shake should mix things back up.

Awesome idea! I think I'm going to give those a try...either in squirt bottles or bullet bottles. Thanks! :)

I actually have 2 stainless steel nuts (from the hardware store) in each bottle. It does help mix it up, but if you don't use them for awhile they do tend to all settle to the bottom. I'm still looking for that longer frother!

Latest posts

Back