How do you pack/store CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catastrophe

Reaction score
We're moving and our household goods will be in storage for about 5 months. What is the best way to pack my CP soap (most is cured) for that long? It will definitely be exposed to extreme heat and probably a couple days below freezing. (If it matters, it will be stored in the back of a semi trailer) TIA for any advice.

throw in some dessicant bags too? I suspect that moisture will be the biggest problem for soap storage, with airflow being the second so I would probably just pack in cardboard boxes and avoid using anything that would trap moisture in.

Is it going to be humid where you are storing it? If so then I would definitely do as amd states, and use something that will wick that moisture away from the soap so as not to get mold and/or DOS.

Extended extreme heat is never good. Can you find a friend/relative who could store your soaps in their house for you? Offer them some soap. They could ship it to you when you get settled.

Latest posts

Back