How do you cure your CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I know I keep posting questions, but I trust I will get the right answers here :D
How do I cure my soaps? On paper bags, on wood, out of light, in light, with a cover, without cover??? i just dont know. Thank you all :oops:

I place my cut bars uncovered on plastic coated wire racks that are either in a closet or lined up against the wall of a spare bedroom (by the way, that room smells divine :D ) When I run out of room on my racks, I place the bars on heavy cardboard. I turn the soaps over every few days.

My cut bars are stored in a closet on cookie cooling racks which have a piece of needlepoint plastic canvas placed on top.

After the bars are cured I put them in either a shoebox with airholes or a paper bag.

Jude

I have those wire shelves...lots and lots of shelves!!! The first day they're up there, I line them up individually. Then after a week or two I may make a pyramid if I need the room...

Oh, cold process oven process, sorry to be so ignorant. Still learning! I googled it, LOL :oops:

CPOP=Cold Process/Oven Process
mix like regular cold process, preheat mould in 170 degree oven and then fill it like normal.

Put mould into oven with oven on 170 for 1 hour and then turn oven off---leave soap in overnight and cut in morning.

Today I mixed by 10:30am so I have it in the oven the entire day and will likely cut it tonight.

:wink:

jarvan said:
CPOP=Cold Process/Oven Process
mix like regular cold process, preheat mould in 170 degree oven and then fill it like normal.

Put mould into oven with oven on 170 for 1 hour and then turn oven off---leave soap in overnight and cut in morning.

Today I mixed by 10:30am so I have it in the oven the entire day and will likely cut it tonight.

:wink:

So, if you timed it right you could make a really strong argument that your oven is busy and need to eat out or get takeout!

I think I might need to try some cpop! :lol:

Jude

I use a plastic shelf from wally world for $20.00 , has 5 shelves , works great .The shelves are ventilated . I lay a piece of paper towel over the tops after about a week of curing to keep dust off . I store mine in my soap room downstairs , with a dehumidifier running 24/7.

Kitn

In my soap room, formerly known as the dining room, on a huge baker's rack. I line the shelves with wax paper and run a dehumidifier.

I cure them in flat cardboard boxes. The long narrow kind are the best. I then put them in my closet.

If I have lots to cure, I stack the boxes up, but allowing for air to pass.

And after 3 - 4 weeks I put them away in big plastic bins. And label them too, it's easy to forget what kind of soaps I've made... :)

i have some shoe racks from ikea...ran out of room. I need to get more and figure out how to put them actually against the wall.

Back