Hot Weather Fairs - Need Tips

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakingNana

Reaction score
We are doing are first outdoor fair next month. I've avoided them because of weather issues, but this one is a great venue so I caved and said yes. I need tips/advice from those of you who regularly do outdoor venues.

We have a canopy and electricity to run fans. What do you do for lotion bars and lip balms? At this point, I'm thinking having sample tubes displayed and keeping stock in a cooler of some sort, but is this really necessary? Any particular worries with bath fizzies? Humidity usually comes with the heat around here. Of course, I'm hoping it's unseasonably cool that day, but...

All tips/advice welcome!!

I live in the desert. A cooler is mandatory for fairs and outdoor shows. I keep samples out only. I have no humidity though.

How do the soaps do in the heat, Irena? Any sweating? I'm particularly concerned about goat's milk soaps.

BakingNana said:
How do the soaps do in the heat, Irena? Any sweating? I'm particularly concerned about goat's milk soaps.
CP does fine. MP can be a little tricky. If the MP soaps get hot, they start getting sticky. I'm thinking of putting frozen gel packs that are wrapped in a towel under the tablecloth to keep the soap samples cool.

Hey, not a bad idea. At least I don't have MP to worry about. Thanks for the help. Guess I'm shopping for gel packs. Going to have to redesign my displays, too.

BakingNana said:
Hey, not a bad idea. At least I don't have MP to worry about. Thanks for the help. Guess I'm shopping for gel packs. Going to have to redesign my displays, too.
You're welcome. I wish you good luck and good sales.

Latest posts

Back