Horsetail & Nettle Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baqn

Reaction score
I love that green color too! If you haven't already done so, Baqn, and if it isn't too much trouble, could you please post this in the Photo Gallery Forum with details on how you got that color?

Sure I can. I added 15 g Horsetail and 15 g Nettle to 1 kg of oils. I blended the herbs before that so they become into fine powder. Add them when you wish - to oils or after emulsion. In my case there was slight overheating in the mold. I suppose it was from the herbs. I got little cracks only on the surface.

After two weeks the green is changing slightly to brown but it is still intense. I think that it has stopped changing.

Attachments

• DSCF0219.JPG
    DSCF0219.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0245.JPG
    DSCF0245.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 39
Update us if it does still happen to change.

It's a lovely green, and equally lovely looking soap. So clean looking :)

I just made some nettle tea, I just boiled the fresh nettle and used the water from that for my water. It wasn't as green as that but it came out very green. It was good because I thought the green wasn't going to make it through.

Still not sure how good for the skin it will be after going through the reaction.

The soap became rock hard. I think I can cut myself with its edges. It changes its color to light brown with grass green. I will make a photo tomorrow.

Back