Honeycomb Silk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's done and cut. This is my first attempt at Silk, Honeycomb & Beef Tallow (edited for correction). It also includes EVOO & CO. I didn't get a complete gel but there is no zap so it's usable. It's only the outer end pieces that have the Bull's Eye - kinda cute really.

At any rate I want to repeat this one, so far I like the texture of the soaps although it'll be weeks before I know for sure since it's CP. I think the next one will OPHP.

Thanks for looking....

DSCN1181.jpg

Cheers
Lindy

Gorgeous Lindy! Can you describe the natural scent for us? Did the honey note come through? I am going to make a CP buttermilk and honey after Christmas and pop it in the fridge in the hopes of no gel, and I will leave it unscented too I think - once again you have inspired me!

Tanya :)

I love it

I think you did an awesome job. Where did you get your silk from? I am wanting to get some for some shaving soap I want to make.
Have a great Holiday!

Thanks! :D :D :D

Usually my honey soap has a strong scent of honey, which I absolutely love - it didn't come through from the honeycomb :cry: so next time I will add the honey. I usually use about 1/4 cup in a 3 lb batch.

I got my silk from http://www.treenwaysilks.com which is on Vancouver Island. Good service!

I think I'm going to add silk to all my soaps and since it is a Peace Silk my vegan friends should be fine with it because they like the honey and the moths/butterflies are allowed to live through the process. Actually I really like that too.... :oops:

Thanks to everyone on this board - without it I would never have ventured or even known about this type of soap. You help me keep getting better and inspiring me.

Cheers
Lindy

Latest posts

Back