homemade hair perfume/hair refesher spray?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Linda, the baking soda wash worked pretty well a lot of the time. Other times, not. There was the usual adjustment period as so many people write about, which was a pain, but as long I didn't travel, and the water softener at home was well stocked with softener salt. Hard water without the water softener seemed to play havoc with that regimen, at least for my hair & scalp, it did. My hair and scalp never did respond well to the ACV rinse, so I gave up on that part of it.

The worst trouble for me was that every time I traveled, and I do that a lot, the differences in water seemed to make a huge difference in how I responded to the soda wash. It was weird and made no sense to me, but the only thing I could come up with that was a common factor, was the difference in water from one place to another. Hubby thought maybe it had to do with eating differently on the road, but then why would the same thing happen at home if we ran out of water softener salt?

I still don't really understand the mechanics of how or why the different minerals in the different waters made such a big difference, but when I traveled, it was like going through that whole adjustment period all over again. Sometimes, it was so annoying, I'd just use hotel shampoo for the duration of the trip and then have to do the re-adjustment again when I got back home. It became such an annoyance, that eventually I just stopped altogether.

Besides all that, I have to say that making up the baking soda wash every time I wanted to clean my hair is something I don't miss. It's so much easier to get in the shower and see a bottle of shampoo on the shelf ready to go.
Defo sounds easier then baking soda wash every time for a hair wash I did try it before I grabbed normal shampoo n conditioner my hair looked like I dumped castor oil on it and went yup thats the look im going for.

earlene she had enough, People were taking information from her blog made, Ebooks with it and sell to people. She had shared tons of in years. It is time for her to get paid, You have choice of $1,3,10 Ten backs will give you a lot of benefits if you can afford it, E-zinne monthly. I do support her cause it is worth it, She is awesome
link for people who want to go there; https://swiftcraftymonkey.blog/blog/
shop e-courses and you will find how to subscribe to blog ;)

earlene she had enough, People were taking information from her blog made, Ebooks with it and sell to people. She had shared tons of in years. It is time for her to get paid, You have choice of $1,3,10 Ten backs will give you a lot of benefits if you can afford it, E-zinne monthly. I do support her cause it is worth it, She is awesome
Did she try to go after them? I mean some stuff on blogs are free but normally they say you can use it personally not for reproduction with out credit to x. Feel bad that there are people like that.

?

Oh, I think you meant 'LillyJo'.

Thanks for posting that, Dahila. I had no idea. Good for her!!!

I hope she went after them.
Susan can not do much , the b*** deleted the website but the money she received for about two years is hers. She did not even change the titles of books, People on fb startem to bash Susan for selling her books, they do not get into their heads that she spends tons of time and so far she was sharing for years for free, I support her , even I do not use the blog that much. She does deserve it. :)

Someone from Australia whole web site copied from Susan , ebooks copied word by word from Susan
My ? mark was about who you were responding to. I think you meant to respond to another poster and not myself, as a subscriber to Point of Interest (SwiftCraftyMonkey - Susan Barclay Nichols), I am aware of these issues.

It was LilyJo who in post #78 mentioned her links no longer working.

But just for others who may not have kept up:

Susan also quit using Patreon, so you may want to check the site for that information and make adjustments to how your subscription gets paid. Patreon was not working out for her very well at all and she has moved her blog and posts elsewhere.

Susan can not do much , the b*** deleted the website but the money she received for about two years is hers. She did not even change the titles of books, People on fb startem to bash Susan for selling her books, they do not get into their heads that she spends tons of time and so far she was sharing for years for free, I support her , even I do not use the blog that much. She does deserve it. :)
Some people are trash. I think if you put loads of time and effort in something you should get something back from it. Feel bad for her that some guttering trash would do that.

Many times a topic takes on a life of it's own and will lead to other discussions. If you are calling me out as rude so be it. OP asked why her hair is greasy using shampoo bars aka soap bars. I know you have mentioned using them for years that is great, but do not call us "Rude" for trying to warn someone of the very possible repercussions of using soap. Charles from the Wen product got his backside sued big time and his soap based shampoo is now off the market. I really do not know why you would think the posts should be removed. Not all lab made surfactants are bad, without them we would not have No Tear Baby Shampoo and would be buring the children's eyes with "Soap," which is probably not a great thing to do. Using a bar soap for hair once a week may never catch up, using it multiple times per week, may very well catch up. We all have choices, and we were just trying to point out what could happen. "Could" not guarantee

I really do not think I need to be "Forgiven," for hopefully mentioning they are risking damage, but to say you use it with great success if okay, Hum....:hairpulling: I shall now slink away, but remember beautiful long hair can take 10 yrs to grow and it takes less than an hour to cut if all off.
I have used my jojoba & marula homemade shampoo after 1 yr cure. It cleans nicely but leaves a residue even after rinsing w/ diluted vinegar 20/1. I also have tried toothpaste and catfish bait soap. Use both with great results.

Back