Home made Toothpaste

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that so? Where did u get the info about that?
If so, than I should find another solution...
But be aware that in commercial toothpaste they include often sugar, now sugar, that is bad for teeth...

I've been in the middle of moving and ran out of my homemade toothpaste (I too add about triple the glycerin) so I used the commercial toothpaste that my husband uses (I made a batch ages ago with bentonite clay that was like a mud mask and my husband thought it was gross and now he won't use my toothpaste). I FINALLY got around to making more last night (you know, because it takes all of about 30 seconds to make) and my teeth feel SOOO much cleaner!

I've researched about the whole glycerin thing- it's B.S. You'll be amazed at how much cleaner your teeth feel after using "my" recipe. I'm really anal retentive about going to the dentist and I always get commended on how well I take care of my teeth.

well, for my first batch, I just used a glass that has a plastic lid on it (contained nutella before, so now i need a good paste for my teeth 8) ), but I am planning to use a pommade-tube next time.

For more than 3 years now, i make my own toothpaste, and only when I'm too lazy to make it I buy some from market.

I use bicarb soda, Mediterranean fine salt, vegetable organic glycerin (just enough to form a paste), some finely grated herbs good for your gums and a combination of e.o. such as spearmint, mint, orange, lemon, fennel.

After some time in the jar it needs stirring but that's all it gets. It's super!

Latest posts

Back