Hi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkHolladay

Reaction score
Hi
My name is Mark and I just registered today. I am new to cold process soap making. I am working on making shaving soap, I have got my recipe down to what I want it to be but I need to figure out a better mold than the 3 " pvc pipe I am using now because it is extremely hard to remove the soap from the mold. Does anyone have any Ideas ? I have thought about muffin pans ? Please help

Mark

Chay is the welcome wagon, I do believe.

Try a silicone baking pan, muffin or loaf or cute shape, many options that you can pick up at the store. If you want a mold more specifically for soap try wholesalesupplies.com for really affordable silicone molds.

BTW people here are really nice, if you don't get on their bad side :D
A Kitten Love right off the bat may put some people off. To get more responses to specific soap making questions go to a forum other than the intro forum, not as many people check this one.

I would throw them ( 3 " pvc pipe ) into the freezer for about an hour. I have a hard time removing soap from regular molds, someone told me to do that and no problems now.

Silicone muffin pans would be better than metal ones, cuz you may have to do some stretching and bending of pan to get the soap to release.

I have a friend who uses PVC pipe, and she invented a tool to push it out with.....sort of a wooden circle on a dowel. Her bottom of the PVC was easy to remove too....a circle of plastic she cut from a margarine tub.

Good luck!

I found caps at the hardware store that worked good for the end of the pvc pipe and I made a similar device with a dowel rod and a wooden circle to push the soap out of the pipe. The problem was after the soap setup for 24 hours and became solid even using the tool I made and driving it with a hammer it was extremely hard to get the soap to come out. I have purchased some non-stick aluminum muffin pans to try on my next batch

Hey, I tried the 2" PVC for some soap and had the same problem. Searched the internet for some help and was told the same thing to put it the freezer for about an hour and it would come right out. Well, that wasn't quite true. If you use the tool u made in conjunction with freezing for about an hour it will come out fairly easily though. Hope this helps cause you can make alot more soap in the PVC mold than with muffin pan.

Welcome to the forum!

I use a pringles can if I want round soap. It is VERY easy tó remove! I have never used PVC pipe..

Latest posts

Back