Hi from South Wales

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepsiandjac

Reaction score
Hi,I’m Julie, I live in South Wales and currently work for BT.
I have been wanting to make CP soap for years,but was always scared off by the caustic soda side of it,
I finally made my first batch a few weeks ago,which didn’t quite turn out as planned,but at least I still have all my fingers lol.

Welcome Julie, is it just me that is hearing that in a south wales valleys sing song voice? Spent about 4 years of my late youth living in north wales and exploring your beautiful countryside.

I was the same with regards to the caustic soda but after having a play with m+p soap i decided and was actually encouraged by my sister to research cp and have a go at it. that was in august and before the end of august i was an addict.

If you need any help with where to buy stuff iv got a good idea of the best places now so feel free to ask ill always try and help out if i can if not ill try refer you to the best person to ask.

Dont worry about the batch not going as planned it happens i made a batch last night and that didnt go to plan. I hope you have plenty curing space iv got about 8 batches curing now and dont think ill be stopping anytime soon so iv set out an area specially for curing soaps and these are just research and gift batches

Thank you,Sadly not all the Welsh sound like Tom Jones lol,
North Wales is beautiful,I used to go up there a lot when my kids were small,still go now and then on my own.
The batch I did make feels better than it looks,I was going to throw it out one day in the week,and thought I’d see if it lathered,and surprisingly it’s quite good,I’ve always had problem with my hands being dry and cracking,but this week they are softer and smoother than they have been for a long time ,will just have to hide the bar after I’ve used it lol
I tried melt and pour soap a while back,and think I must have burned it,it went all Jellyish .
What are the best oils to buy,I don’t want to waste money buying a load of oils that I don’t need.

Haha i didnt even think of tom jones but all the women iv ever met from south wales thier voices and way they talk seemed to sound very up and down kinda like sing song. I was at uni in north wales in Wrexham. And my folks had a yaght by the menai straights so was round there pretty regularly aalso snowdonia is beautiful and mountain rescue are very efficient :(:rolleyes:

It really depends on what recipe you want to use. I might get told off (jk) if i carry on talking about oils on the intro thread. so ill inbox you with what i have got and use. you could also start a topic on the forum somewhere I always get the wrong place so wont advise where and im sure there will be lots of advice given to help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Julie:). If you have any questions just start a new topic in the appropriate forum.

Haha and here I read it as New South Wales and thought cool another Aussie! Then got very confused by the first few comments :D

Welcome to the forum and glad you still have all your fingers ;)

Thank you,Sadly not all the Welsh sound like Tom Jones lol,
North Wales is beautiful,I used to go up there a lot when my kids were small,still go now and then on my own.
The batch I did make feels better than it looks,I was going to throw it out one day in the week,and thought I’d see if it lathered,and surprisingly it’s quite good,I’ve always had problem with my hands being dry and cracking,but this week they are softer and smoother than they have been for a long time ,will just have to hide the bar after I’ve used it lol
I tried melt and pour soap a while back,and think I must have burned it,it went all Jellyish .
What are the best oils to buy,I don’t want to waste money buying a load of oils that I don’t need.
Keep in mind when buying essential oils, you won't need as much, but also they won't last as long either. Lavender is a good starting point. Rose is nice but expensive and doesn.t last long either. Do a bit of research on essential oils as some do have an adverse reaction with anyone who is on medication.

Latest posts

Back