Hi from Greece!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm newbie and I'm from Athens, Greece. First of all I'd like to apologise because I have already posted 3 or 4 times before I introduce myself. I was so excited that I found this great forum that I forgot my manners. Sorry! :oops:
I remember to be fan of what we call cosmetics and bath products since I was a child. As I was born and lived for 18 years in a provincial town, I have wonderful memories of a lot of women who made beauty oils, salves and of course pure olive oil soap. These memories and my love for simple, pure and natural things made me to see the research of the traditional life as a real job. So I travel all over the country and get information about the traditional way of living both in the past and nowadays and of course, I collect, among other information, recipes, tips and everything that has to do with the beauty and the health of the human body; but soap making is what attracts me more. Human wisdom meets nature’s gifts and together give a unique product that cleans the body and refreshes the mind! Although I watched the traditional method (hot process method) many times, I found CP easier to me. I made my first batch 2 months ago and since then I make a small quantity (5-7 bars) every 15 or 20 days. I use only vegetable oils, essential oils and herbs and soon I’m going to experiment with natural colorants. I’m really happy I found the forum not only because there are hundreds of ideas, useful information and recipes but because members are nice and very helpful. I dare to say that, although I’m new here, I already feel like a member of a large, warm and very creative family.
Looking forward to meet you all, to learn and share!

Thank you all! Irish Lass, yes, I think it's a wonderful job too. It's not easy at all but the experience it gives me it's invaluable.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Don't worry about posting messages before introducing yourself. It's certainly not a requirement and it's not rude to post comments before introducing yourself. Many people have joined and have never posted an introduction. I'm just glad you're here and you feel comfortable enough to join in discussions.

Latest posts

Back