I've been lurking for a few week and finally decided it was time to introduce myself. I've made candles for a number of years, but decided to try my hand at soap making since I'm also a straight razor shaver. I finally decided I had researched and read enough and that it was time to actually make a batch. I made a very small batch last night (16oz). That way if I ruined it, I wouldn't be out much. I tried the cold process and it seemed to work pretty well. I kept all temps around 140 or so, so when I added the stearic acid I wouldn't seize right away. I do have a question. How in the heck to do you guys clean the stearic acid off of the messuring cup you melt it in? I used a pyrex messuring cup to melt it in the microwave and it did great. However, since it has such a high melting point, when I poured it out, a film remained on the glass. I boiled water and tried cleaning it that way, but there is still a slight film on the glass. It's not a huge deal since this will be my stearic acid cup from now on, but little things like that tend to make me ask questions. Any advice on clean up would be great! Thanks again for all the great information!