Here is another first

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
I did a festival show yesterday and there were two things that happened that I was not expecting. First this guy is looking at my display seeing all the different scents he says " If women were smart and wanted to attract guys they would wash themselves with bacon scented soap." Then he turned and walked away. My first thought was that would create a problem with dogs following them too. Next I sell a chocolate swirl soap bar. The kids love smelling them. I was busy and a mother comes up to me with one of these bars with teeth marks in it and says "I guess I am buying this one too". Poor kid. He had such a confused look on his face.

Bruce

Too funny about the kid biting the soap! People always used to ask me if my soap was fudge.
Wierd comment about the bacon scented soap though. I love my lard soaps, but personally wouldn't want to smell like bacon. :p

Ha, that is funny about the teeth marks!

I don't even know what to say about the weird guy comment. I guess it takes all kinds. :shock:

Bigmoose said:
I did a festival show yesterday and there were two things that happened that I was not expecting. First this guy is looking at my display seeing all the different scents he says " If women were smart and wanted to attract guys they would wash themselves with bacon scented soap." Then he turned and walked away. My first thought was that would create a problem with dogs following them too. Next I sell a chocolate swirl soap bar. The kids love smelling them. I was busy and a mother comes up to me with one of these bars with teeth marks in it and says "I guess I am buying this one too". Poor kid. He had such a confused look on his face.

Bruce

ROTFL!!! Hysterical.

OMG to funny , I too am glad the mom took responsibility. for the little chewer . The bacon guy puts to mind "you might be a redneck if ". You want your wife to wash in bacon soap .Somehow I can't imagine a guy saying to his buds ."It just makes me crazy when the little woman fills up the tub on a Saturday night and bathes with that bacon soap I bought her."

Kitn

Oddly enough, I bet that bacon scented soap would sell... maybe not hundreds of bars, but I bet you'd sell a few.

Just like the Chuck Norris, all things bacon have been getting obnoxiously popular due to another unexplainable internet phenomenon. Another forum I'm on (not soap related) always has a bacon thread popping up, and the moderators were asked enough times that they even added a bacon emoticon.

donniej said:
Oddly enough, I bet that bacon scented soap would sell... maybe not hundreds of bars, but I bet you'd sell a few.

Just like the Chuck Norris, all things bacon have been getting obnoxiously popular due to another unexplainable internet phenomenon. Another forum I'm on (not soap related) always has a bacon thread popping up, and the moderators were asked enough times that they even added a bacon emoticon.

I must be living on another planet, cause I know nothing about this bacon phenomena. What would having a bacon emoticon mean? Hunger ??

Does it look like a piggy or a slab o meat?? :shock: :wink:

Jude

artisan soaps said:
Kitn said:
Somehow I can't imagine a guy saying to his buds ."It just makes me crazy when the little woman fills up the tub on a Saturday night and bathes with that bacon soap I bought her."
Kitn

Bwahahaha - oops coffee splatter!

I couldn't help myself, I had to google:
e487.gif

It offered 'dancing bacon emoticon' as a suggestion too:
ngbbs450d0391e9c80.gif

LMAO, Artisan... :lol:

The weirdest soap I've been asked to make is a garlic scented one (and yes I am going to make it), but I think you have me beat with the bacon .. And in the midst of swine flu too ?!

mmmmmm bacon

I actually have bacon scented soap on my drying rack right this very moment. It's kind of an inside joke. I made it for a friend of mine back east who is obsessed with meat. He is the ultimate carnivore. The scent is actually beef jerky from saveonscents but it smells just like bacon!!! It's 100% lard and has pink swirls to look like meat. I can't wait until I give it to him!! I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow.

You guys are a riot. So, how did you get that bacon soap? Did you save your drippings from actually cooking bacon, or does some sick puppy actually make a fragrance oil for this?

i was selling soap this weekend and a little girl was smelling the " pink sugar" that has sparkles on top, thus she had sparkles all over her mouth and nose, but she wanted to eat it also!

save on scents has a whole bunch of odd fragrances like canned corn and skunk. I could've used bacon dripping but I'm just too lazy to clean it properly.

Latest posts

Back