Hempz Body Lotion fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
I use this amazing body lotion called Hempz (made from hemp seed oil) - I know they have several different scents but the one I use smells like a bubble gum, cotton candy ish kind of thing. Very sweet, sticky smelling but also has a very clean and friendly smell.

Does anyone else use this lotion and know of a fragrance oil that may smell similar? It is one of my favorite smells and I would love to make a candle or lotion that smells like this.

Or should I just buy some bubble gum and cotton candy FO and mix them up and see what happens?!

Any suggestions?

That is exactly what I would do. I would get the two you mentioned, and maybe a "clean" sort of scent and mix it how I smell it. Drops at a time until you smell something pretty close. Keep tabs of the drops so you have ratios.

I do a bottle. But, I hear dropping it on a cotton ball is closer to what you will smell in the lotion.

Good luck! :)

NO dont make it, someone has it, i just cant remember who, fo company, i saw it! I will keep looking.
ok that took awhile, pinemeadows has it!
please tell me if is true to the real stuff, i would buy some.

ohhhh my... that is so exciting.

I will pick out a couple more from them and let you know if it's good.. may take me a couple months (just rec'd an order of FO's yesterday ... may need to use a few of them up before I go buying more! hehe)

I will definitely let you know! THANK YOU! :D

couple months, darn I want to know if it smells good, maybe I will buy it, i got some early bday money, hmmm.

Go on Honor you know you want to buy some more fragrances....you can always say the devil made me do it. :D
Just trying to make myself feel better after spending far too much on fragrances just so l can say to myself "See its not just you"us addicts have to come up with all sorts of excuses to get more little brown bottles through the door. :lol: :lol:

ok, i ordered it, i will let ya know how it smells, i also like that lotion smell, we'll see if they duped it good.

lol I anxiously await your fo's arrival

can't wait to see what you think

they still havent shipped, i wanted the 5$ flat rate and they cant get 1 4oz in that, i dont want to pay 11 for one bottle, so i changed it to 3- 1 ouncers, oh... the wait!

still havent got it, not charge on my cc, i emailed and they said my card wouldnt go through, they never called or emailed!!!! I have money in that acct or wouldnt have used it, So, i resent the order with cc #, we'll see, is this what pine meadows is like? hope not.

ugh, not a good first impression from a company!!! I'm anxiously waiting to hear how it smells!! I checked their site, and they'e pretty spendy... hopefully this isn't how they normally are.

WOW!!! not quick on the shipping are they? When I place orders I want them to magically appear on my doorstep in the next 10 mins. haha!!! I can't wait to hear how you like it! A girl I work with LOVES the hemp... She looked online and the big 18oz bottle was on sale for $11. She asked me how much it would cost for me to fill her bottle up with GMH scented with coconut. UGH she had that dang page up so I only charged her $10 for 18oz...

i charge 4$ for 4 oz of lotion, but people dont know how much it is! I didnt like the aquatech lotion so much, do you? i will prob go with the wsp satin and silk lotion, it is very thick and nice.

Well, I normally charge $5 for 4oz. That's why the $10 charge for the 18oz made me cringe. haha I told her it was a special deal JUST for her though cuz she brings me coffee and breakfast now and again to work. LOL I'll barter products for food! haha And her sister is going through massage therapy school and she said she'll trade massages for lotion. YEAH BABY! that's what i'm talkin about! HAHA But anyways.. in all honesty, I don't really care for either the GMH or the aquatech hemp. I'm strange and don't like the powerdy feeling they leave. I like a little greasiness left behind, not sticky, but not completely dry. Everyone that I work with just LOVES the hemp and gmh lotions though. Apparently i'm the only weirdo that likes greasy lotion. haha I think I do like the body firming lotion though. I use that before bed. It doesn't leave a powdery feeling, but yet it's not slick or tacky. But I don't think I would buy that.. it's like $55 a gallon! :shock: I haven't really tried the other ones yet. I have so many dang samples here. haha I bought the wsp sampler and the aquatech. A girl I work with has dry cracked feet. So I gave her the sample of the shae aloe that came in the wsp sampler. She LOVES it! Her husband made her wear socks to bed cuz her feet were so bad and she said just after the first time she noticed a difference and doesn't wear socks now. LOL
My friend that bought the gmh went to a pampered chef party last night and the ladies LOVED the lotion. They all tried it, wanted to know where she got it, what store sells it etc. She told them that they couldnt' buy it in a store that she got it from a friend just starting out. They told her they want to have some sort of lotion party... *gulp* movin a lil fast here for me! But, they all seemed to absolutely LOVE the gmh. I do have the sampler of the satin and silk, but haven't really used it yet.
I would like to find something light, but nourishing for the face next.
I also need to invest in some bigger pumps. I only have the 4oz hdpe rounds at the moment... need to start thinking bigger lol

Tasha
I got my hempz fo today, they didnt dup it, ive bought that lotion for yrs, it doesnt smell the same :( , im sad, it smells like banana and something, which the lotion, i dont smell any banana, do you? I made some lotion with it and will try it and see if it grows on me, but my daughters friend(hair stylist) can get me a big bottle of the real hempz lotion for 12$.

oh darn :( that's the bottle my friend was looking at for cheaper... her friend is a hair stylist and gets Hempz for that price.... so I filled her hempz bottle with gmh for $10. sorry the dup didn't work :(

pine meadows did not make me happy, they said a 4oz bottle wouldnt fit in a 5$ flatrate box, so I had to buy 3-1oz, which is more money, its funny i put a 8oz bottle in that box and it fit! So, are they lying so they can get the 11 shipping instead of 5?
Tasha did you get yours yet? what do you think? doesnt smell like the stroebought lotion eh?

Latest posts

Back