Hemp Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
I found some at Whole Foods and wonder about using it. It is just ground hemp seeds and would LOVE to use it somehow. I would like to use it as a butter, if possible. I have used hemp oil, which is awesome. Wonder how I could incorporate it into a soap...

Any suggestions? I will keep researching but would love any opinions!

Oooooo! I love that idea. I am going to be watching this thread closely. Good idea. Hemp oil, butter and Patchouli somehow.

Here's an idea....

Why don't you do a batch of CPHP with a fairly low superfat.....let it cook, and then stir some in as a superfatting agent at the end? That way, you would keep the properties of the butter.

Thanks Mike! I was thinking about adding it at the end as you suggested. Although, I am not much of a CPHPer :oops: Good thing to learn, though!

I searched around, and the hemp butter on line that I found is more creamy that what this actually is. This looks like a really smooth pesto with the oil tending to separate out.

I've done quite a bit of CPHP so drop me a message if you have any questions. :)

If you do, CP or HP, if I were you I would use a very small %. I've seen that Hemp Butter at Whole Foods too that you're talking & was thinking the same thing as you but i think it's more of a spreadable on butter. The butter that they sell online sometimes has hydrogenated vegetable oil.

Cattleyabubbles said:
If you do, CP or HP, if I were you I would use a very small %. I've seen that Hemp Butter at Whole Foods too that you're talking & was thinking the same thing as you but i think it's more of a spreadable on butter. The butter that they sell online sometimes has hydrogenated vegetable oil.

You are right about the online having hydrogenated vegetable oil added. On the label of this stuff, it says that it is crushed seeds, basically like peanut butter. Definitely an experiment coming on...

MikeInPdx said:
I've done quite a bit of CPHP so drop me a message if you have any questions.

I might just do that! CPHP befuddles me :wink:

Cattleyabubbles said:
Let me know how it turns out, if it works, I'm go pick me some up and make me a hemp soap bar.

I will tell you that Hemp oil for soap ROCKS!!! It is my absolute favorite, so far anyway :wink: Will work on it this weekend.

I put some Hemp oil in my first batch--which is curing right now--I wonder does the Hemp butter make any more difference in the quality of soap.

That is what I was wondering, being that this was thicker. It does not look like any of the hemp butter that i have found on line containing the vegetable oil. It is pure hemp. There might be a touch of graininess to it from the seeds. I will try to post a picture of it later.

Latest posts

Back