Help with cleaning

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

JillK

Reaction score
I am new to soap making and thought I would start off easy. I made some salt scrubs that my daughter absolutely loves. Ok. Doing good. Next I made some foaming liquid soap. It turned out great. Need to do some minor tweaks , but that's part of the learning curve.
Here's my problem. I washed, and washed, and washed and am having trouble getting a residue off the bowl. I read about using alcohol, but still have it on the glass bowl. Does anyone have a good cleaning solution for cleaning equipment once you are finished with your project?
Any help would be great.
Glad to be a part of the group.
Jill

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
SPONSOR
Reaction score
Last edited:

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just wash my soaping dishes with dawn an never have a residue. The threads Relle shared are a good place to check out. Welcome!

Obsidian

Reaction score
Are you making lye soap with glass? If so, you need to stop as the lye can etch and eventually shatter glass.
Use plastic or stainless steel instead.

I use plastic bowls for soaping and it can get a bit residue-y at times but dish soap and hot water usually take it right off.
A dishwasher will take it off too.

Reactions: amd

JillK

Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. I have been using glass bowls and will quit that and will check in at the intro forum.
Thanks again.
Jill

Latest posts