Help?? Wicks??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandma Ruby

Reaction score
Hi all
I have been making candles for years but took a long hiatus. Since beginning again I am having problems with sinkholes, candles not burning properly, even not good scent throw. I am using the Golden 444 soy wax, and I pour in Qt size mason jars. Given this, what wicks would you try?
Thanks so much!
Grandma Ruby

You are experiencing what most people are using the new soy since about early to mid-2017.
I don't work with soy, so can't recommend a wick, however if you are not married to using soy, you may want to think about switching. I use paraffin and palm, and haven't run into any of the problems most soy users are having.

I used soy on its own and never had a problem until last year when CB135 was discontinued. Since then its been a nightmare to get an even consistant top so we started blending our own mix of waxes and finally I am happy with the finish.

Like JC says, consider different waxes and unfortunately you will need to do countless wick tests.

Latest posts

Back