Hello pine tar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Dillman

Reaction score
Hi everyone: my name is Shannon, I haven’t posted many times but my goal is to try. I get a little nervous. However I really need to say how much I appreciate your knowledge and encouragement. I made my first pine tar soap and was so confused with all the different methods on the net. Then I thought ha! I bet there is info here. After reading a plethora of posts I jumped in. My notes said: this was a pleasant experience! I know right!? It turned out so well I scented with tea tree and lemongrass. The smokiness of the tar, the medicinal tea tree and the zip of lemongrass-so much yum! I even had time to pour and get my top nice and flat in a tall and skinny mold.
Thanks for being here!

I am so glad you had such a positive experience with your pine tar soap! I have only made it once myself, and I also loved how it turned out. I think I lucked out getting the best smelling pine tar available, which was nice since I had to travel far and wide to find anyone who sold it (I was not at home at the time, but in a remote mountain area.)

Latest posts

Back