hello from yet another newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrice

Reaction score
I joined a while back....been gathering helpful information here for quite some time, thought i would get a bit more social now as i just got a private online situation,been using a public computer until yesterday. I just started selling my soap. Did quite a bit of r&d last winter....have some scent blends I really like and some nice milled soaps....starting out small hitting the farmers markets locally. not sure where i am going with the soap yet. my interest is in aromatherapy....I think i may be using the soap buisness as an excuse to get all the yummy eos that my heart desires.....I have really enjoyed this site and hope perhaps sometime I will be ale to give back....don't know enough yet. thanks for being here.

Welcome to the forum!

I love EOs, too. What a great excuse...mind if I borrow it. "Of course I have to buy all these EOs. I need them for soapmaking" :lol:

sharing excuses

sure you can borrow t all you like....can i use your muscle spasm quote?...now if i can only come up with a good excuse to order jasmine and rose absolutes!!!!!!

You're welcome to use the quote. It's not original. I saw it on a funny quotes site and it made me laugh.

I can't help you with an excuse for rose & jasmine absolutes. I can't think of a good reason for me to buy them. Have you considered trying floral waters or hydrosols? They're a little more economical. Someone mentioned you can find orange water in Asian grocery stores. If you can find it, it might be interesting to experiment.

I wish I had remembered this earlier while I was at the grocery store. I was even in the Asian aisle and didn't think about it. :x

An old boss that i made a calming remedy for 3 yrs ago just let me know she would buy more from me....I just gifted her with it when she was going through some real heavy emotionaltrauma....and in order to make that combination......i must order rose and jasmine absolutes.....now i am scared to tell her what it is going to cost.....hate it when fear pops up first...ought to be giddy knowing i can defray my cost....

Have you asked on the Shopping Recommendations about absolutes? Maybe someone can tell you where you can get some that isn't too cardiac inducing expensive.

i sure appreciate the advice but i will be pretty surprised if there is such a thing, but like i told my old boss, it's as costly as gold almost but gold can only take you so far.

sticky resins and slinkies....

Hazel, you changed your quote....I love the slinky quote....can i pass it along? I must confess I didn't take your advice...Igot pressed for time...but before I make my next order I shall. Now my problem is how to get the really thick oak moss absolute and peru balsam out of their bottles....kinda want to keep track of amounts so hate to dilute them with an oil.....tried a dropper.....no good..then poked a chopstick in the bottle....pretty messy operation and no way to really measure.[/list]

Re: sticky resins and slinkies....

You're welcome to use the quote. It's not mine. This one was sent to me by mother - believe it or not! It was an email with a lot of funny sayings in it. Also, you'll find quite a few sites if you google "funny quotes".

I wasn't going to use it because I thought it might be a bit extreme for public viewing. Then I thought "What the heck...it made me laugh. Maybe there's other twisted people who'll think it's funny." :lol:

I didn't give any advice. I was just offering suggestions. :wink: Anyway, if your life is anything like mine then it's really hard to find time to do everything you want.

Have you tried setting the bottles in warm water to see if it would help to liquify the oak moss and peru balsam? I tried this with babassu oil last winter to get it out of a bottle. It worked really well.

Hazel...thanks for the suggestion.....i am horrid at taking advice..... :lol: :wink:...oh...don't know if that worked i am not too shiney with computers....i am a emoticon virgin ......or was a second ago...here's one for your mom.....i have pms and a gps.....i am a bitch and i can find you......

ROFL :lol:

I love it! I've never heard that before and I'll definitely pass it on to my mom and sisters. They'll enjoy it.

Thanks!

I'm terrible about taking advice and suggestions, too. Don't stress about it. :D

suggestions I can handle

it's advice i have trouble with....here's another for your mom...it's been around but perhaps she hasn't heard it....never get in an argument with a pig ...oh darn it escaped my little menopausal mind....it's sure nice to be this age....now i have an excuse for forgetting stuff...gunna milk it till i can use old age as an excuse.....okay....don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person......or a pig...you won't win and it's a waste of the pig's time....there's two combined....and paraphrased.p

That reminds me of one I heard awhile back.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it will only annoy the pig."

I don't remember where I got it. For all I know, it could have been someone on this forum that said it.

singing pigs

maybe that was the original quote and i really messed it up.....I am having no luck getting the oak moss out of the bottle...tried soaking it in really hot water to no avail.....the pig quote is pretty good .i have never tried to teach a pig to sing but trying to load a pig gets you the same results... :lol: ..oh....I have a good one.....not sure if it works out of context though.....like putting perfume on a pig......p[/list]

There's other quotes about pigs. The teaching the pig to sing is one I remember because I thought it was really funny. Pearls before swine - I think it's similar to perfume on a pig.

You know this conversation is getting a little odd. :lol:

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the oak moss out of the bottle. Have you posted on the forum about it? Maybe someone can help you with it. Or maybe if you call the company you got it from and ask them about it? They might have an answer.

yep, not sure what pigs have to do with soap making .....cept they used to be a popular ingredient.....haven't found solution for oak moss problem yet.....darn seems like only yesterday that seemed important. there has been a series of tragedies in the last few weeks,not in my life but folks close to me. I am looking forward to getting back to the simple problem of getting that darn thick oil out of the bottle. :? :)

Ah, that's the reason we're discussing pigs. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that people around you are having tragedies. I can understand how that would make the issue of getting oak moss out of a bottle seem trivial.

I hope things get better soon.

thanks, actually all the serious problems make the oak moss issue seem REALLY APPEALING.....please give me trivial....I need trivial :!:

Back