Hello from the UK!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapswirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been making soap for about 6 months now and reading various blogs and websites, just stumbled upon this forum today so decided to sign up :) I'm finding soap making pretty addictive and constantly working on new designs!
Looking forward to connecting with other soapers worldwide :D

Welcome! There are a good number (speaking comparatively, of course) of UK and European soapers on here. I am from the UK myself, but I live in Austria. Glad to see someone else who will spell things like colour and mould correctly :D

Hi, I'm from the UK too. This is the most amazing and supportive forum. I learn something new every day. There are an incredible number of experienced soapers who give their time to help us newbies (and feed our addiction!). can't wait to see photos of your soaps, we loooove photos.

Welcome Soapswirl! :wave:

kchaystack said:
We can't help it if you guys like to add extra letters and swap your -er to -re

:razz:

To be fair, where I grew up in New England, lots of people (especially from my grandma's generation), would not only drop their r's at the end of words like the rest of us ('cah' for 'car'), but then, as if to recycle the tossed-out r's so that they didn't ever go to waste, they would add them to other words that had no r's on the end of them, such as the word 'pizza', which was pronounced as 'pizzer'. lol

IrishLass :)

Greetings from another newbie Scottish (it's part of the UK:shh:) soaper. Lots of clever people here willing to help with problems.

Thank you for all the kind welcomes :)
I'm Scottish too Gems but live down south nowadays!
Rowan I will try to get some pictures up soon (I think my Facebook friends are getting bored of them lol)

Back