Hello from Mexico :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maaki

Reaction score
Hi guys my name is Marco and I have just joined the forum. I started soapmaking a short time ago and all of your support has helped me a lot. So far I have made a couple of CP, HP and some salt and beer bars. How several of them will turn out is still a mystery since Im still waiting for most of them to cure.

What brought me to soapmaking was the movie Fight Club and just sheer curiosity for the process. (Just pointing out, I dont plan on making soaps with human fat anytime soon.)

I am an architect and designer from Mexico making soap as a hobby, so if anyone has any design-related doubts I will gladly help. Both in my designs and in soapmaking I adhere to minimalism so I try to keep everything as simple as possible. My favorite movie is (indeed) Fight Club, and my favorite book "A Clockwork Orange". So far, my favorite soap is L'Occitane's extra gentle verbena shea soap. So if anyone has an idea of how to come up with a copycat for that recipe/fragrance I am all ears.

For those curious about it am a fan of cooking, dark humor and sarcasm. I also like bread.

Greeting to everyone!

Also. here's a pic of some of the soaps Ive made so far.

Attachments

• received_265266024142834.jpeg
    received_265266024142834.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 28
Thanks everyone for your warm greetings. @Kamahido This has definitely become an addiction. Well... better soap than meth i guess .
@KiwiMoose Ive actually never been to Irapuato but I hope you had a great time around here. Indeed it was made in a bundt mold because i had another batch in my other mold, but the pieces arent so easy to handle tbh. Maybe filling the mold all the way with and having a mold with same sized portions would give a better result. Although they do look nice though.

Latest posts

Back