Hello from England

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark the Box Guy

Reaction score
Though I've been reading about soapmaking for years, and have unsuccessfully made shaving soap using a melt and pour kit (I added too much eucalyptus), I've decided to try my hand at cold-process and figured that this forum would be a good place to start.

thanks,
m

Welcome to the forum! I started with MP also and now am doing CP.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum! :grin:

How far along are you on cold process? Have you gotten supplies yet and are ready to make batches? It's not really hard to make cold process but I'll warn you that it can be addicting. :wink:

Thanks everyone...

How far? I've picked up a pre-measured kit, but haven't made it yet. I'm still looking for a stainless pot that I can destroy, but should have one this week.

I can see why it's addicting; there are simply too many options to soapmaking. My eventual goal is to make shaving soap, hard soap bars, soft liquid soap, and shampoo bars. I have no plans to sell them, so I'll likely give them to friends and family. But for now, I simply to need to get over the hump of making my first batch. :)

m

But for now, I simply to need to get over the hump of making my first batch.

I know exactly what you mean. I talked about learning cold process for years before I got up the nerve to try it. Previously, I had only done melt and pour but not really a lot of it. I preferred making body and bath products like lotions and bath fizzies. The people on this forum are the ones who got me motivated to learn CP. I hope this forum will be inspirational for you, too. :grin:

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum. I'm new too and I'm doing the same as you... making them for myself and for gifts. So far people have loved what I've made and I've had so much fun experimenting, reading through the forum here has been an awful lot of help.

Red

Latest posts

Back