hello from Belgium

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryGirl Belgium

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to make some soap with essential oils, so I was looking for ideas en recipees on Pinterest. Pinterest showed me a conversation on this forum so I landed here ;-)

I never made soap before, so I'm a total beginner ... Hope to learn a lot from the experts here ;-)

I like crafting in general, love to knit and crochet, love cats and in love with essential oils and a chemical free life-style.
I live with my family on a little farm with 2 dogs, 10 cats, 5 sheep and en couple of chickens ... one day some horses also ;-)

AirBrush_20181023001612.jpg

Hello and Welcome to the forum. If you read the first 10 pages in the beginners forum and the lye soap forum you will glean a lot of information. There are also many recipes that have been shared. A good place to start is 45% Lard or Palm, 30% Olive Oil, 20% Coconut Oil, 5% Castor

Be sure to run your recipe if you take one from somewhere through a soap calculator like Soapee.com or Soapcalc.net

Also, feel free to ask questions.

Welcome, CountryGirl Belgium. Your farm sounds wonderful. I do hope you have horses someday. I used to love taking my boys horseback riding when they were small and we did it every chance we got. But my none of my relatives who had ranches/farms had horses. It was all dairy cows (my uncles) or a lot of dusty cactus (my grandfather). My husband & I want to visit Belgium on our next visit to Europe. I hope it happens and I get to see your lovely country.

Welcome, CountryGirl Belgium. Your farm sounds wonderful. I do hope you have horses someday. I used to love taking my boys horseback riding when they were small and we did it every chance we got. But my none of my relatives who had ranches/farms had horses. It was all dairy cows (my uncles) or a lot of dusty cactus (my grandfather). My husband & I want to visit Belgium on our next visit to Europe. I hope it happens and I get to see your lovely country.

Oh nice !! when are you planning to visit Europe ? Let me know if you need some tips ;-)

Back