Hello from Austria

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there!
My name's Lens and I am just starting at making bath condiments for myself.
I also made some soap in the days about ten years ago but stopped after I had been struggling with working with goats milk and not finding a solution.
I am a newly mum since January of a lovely boy who decided to arrive two month before time. Watching videos (eg royalty soaps) and finding information on bath bombs and bubble bars have helped me a lot to find some peace in between the more difficult days. And that's how I found you guys :D
I am also a chemist, so maybe I can help with some chemistry related questions.

Congratulations with your baby!

A good way to work with goat's milk is to add at trace:)

Thank you! And thank you for the advice. But I think it could take some time before I end up with soap again. At the moment I am not that comfortable working with NaOH in the house.

Thank you Krista!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.gif

Thank you! And thank you for the advice. But I think it could take some time before I end up with soap again. At the moment I am not that comfortable working with NaOH in the house.

Thank you Krista!

I understand. Just said that because you mentioned it.

The NaOH isn't that bad. Store it where you would store things like Dan Klor and other strong cleaning products - well out of reach of baby. And of course we use a weak solution on our laugebrot! When the young one is very small it's actually easier to soap than when they are crawling, toddling, or worse still at the age where they want to help with EVERYTHING

Welcome to the forum. Try a simple soap recipe using distilled water instead of milk. It will be much easier.

Welcome to the forum. Try a simple soap recipe using distilled water instead of milk. It will be much easier.
I did that those years ago. And I got some really nice results. But I tried milk, got frustrated and stopped after that. I think there is a lot of information on the internet today, which I didn't had at that time.
So if I will start again with soap, I guess, it would be much easier. But at the moment I am happy with my bombs ;)

Back