Hello from a Land Down Under......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritty Pip

Reaction score
Hello everyone.... thank you for accepting me into this group.
I have been puddling around for almost 50 years now, hatching strange ideas and being told that I must be just a little bit odd..... now I'm happy with that designation.....
Soap making has been a "Bucket List' activity for some while now.... the big gnarly being the difficulty sourcing certain ingredients.... our Big-Corporate-Loving Government does not want mortals playing with anything that could be healthy..... but some of us Big Kids get our hands dirty and WE NEED SOAP!!!

I'm really looking forward to blowing bubbles.....

Kind people you are....... My Land 'Down Under' is Australia's wee neighbour.... New Zealand.
We speak the same language, but we feud like you wouldn't believe! Not our fault that we breed better sports people.... could be more to it than that......

Actually, Australia is the only country known as 'The Land down Under' and New Zealand is known as The land of the long white cloud. Two different countries that are totally different from each other, nothing alike and nothing the same.

Last edited:
Parts of New Zealand are further "Down Under" than Australia, as in closer to the South Pole, but I can't argue with what you have said, we are very different ...... you would be amazed at how many people still believe New Zealand is a part of Australia.... and we could be heading that way, either a Republic one day.... or it may take a few trillion years of Continental drift, we shifted 8 inches west after the Christchurch earthquake ...... we are expecting the Long White Cloud to dissipate around 2025 when our Government taxes cigarettes into extinction and we go completely smoke-free...

wel9-1.jpg Gritty Pip

Latest posts

Back