Hello Forum - Looking for healing soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_lupo

Reaction score
I have tried every over the counter medication to cure and issue with my feet. For the last few years my feet have been getting what I would describe as skin tags which is accompanied by some mild itching. I think I have found the answer to my problems in homemade all natural soap. I have read many stories of people using herbs in their soaps to cure such problems. Can anyone provide me on some useful tips or ingredients that I might want to look into?

Thanks in advance!

None of us can claim our soaps as healing. That would be like stepping into an over the counter drug category. Have you been seen by a doctor to make sure it's nothing serious? What have you tried?

soapbuddy said:
None of us can claim our soaps as healing. That would be like stepping into an over the counter drug category. Have you been seen by a doctor to make sure it's nothing serious? What have you tried?

I have tried anti-fungal, anti-bacteria, hydro-cortisone, and a slew of other modern remedies. I was really looking for a natural way since none of these have helped. One doctor said it was athletes foot and the latest one said it was a allergic reaction to me wearing rubber sandals. None of the Athletes foot stuff has worked and with the cold weather I haven't been wearing sandals. I have read many articles of adding herbs, roots, grasses, and a few different types of barks to homemade soaps to help with everything from burns to achene. I was hoping someone here makes soaps for home remedies that might be able to help. I understand this is not "medical" advise.

Soap is a wash off product. I doubt you would get enough of the therapeutic properties of herbs this way. I would try a balm. 1/3 liquid oils, 1/3 wax (beeswax, candelilla, soy wax) and 1/3 butter (mango or shea). You could infuse the herbs into your liquid oil. Good liquid oils to try would be olive, almond, apricot kernel or grapeseed.

soapbuddy said:
Soap is a wash off product. I doubt you would get enough of the therapeutic properties of herbs this way. I would try a balm. 1/3 liquid oils, 1/3 wax (beeswax, candelilla, soy wax) and 1/3 butter (mango or shea). You could infuse the herbs into your liquid oil. Good liquid oils to try would be olive, almond, apricot kernel or grapeseed.

Thank you! Do you by chance have a few likes on infusing herbs into oils?

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

This website has the biggest selection and best descriptions you can find. You will probably be able to find something here. If you get tired of browsing through every herb then maybe you could call the company. They might have a recommendation for you.

Happy Hunting, and in my opinion it would probably be better for your skin to use real soap as opposed to the store bought detergent bars even if it doesn't have any herbal infusions.

kc_lupo said:
soapbuddy said:

Thank you! Do you by chance have a few likes on infusing herbs into oils?
I infuse calendula and arnica herbs in olive oil in a crock pot.

Dunno if im off topic here....but I get Ecsema on my feet , and I have extremely dry feet and hands.....I have made my self some 100% soap, with just Olive oil, coconut oil and Avocado oil.....no FO or EO , no botanicals...I tried it one week after it was unmolded and my feet are still dry ( as they have huge cracks in them and I wear closed in shoes 99% of the time ) but the ecsema is not driving me nuts with itchyness....so I am hoping I have found a soap I can use.....( my feet get so itchy I have to wash my hair over the tub as the shampoo aggravates it as well .

Only since I have been making soap (1-1/2 yrs) have I started researching the different essential oils and the healing effects they provide. My husband has suffered for many years with dry itching skin and what has worked for him may not help you but I made a hot process OHG soap that I have added lavender EO & tea tree EO. Then he applies daily a lotion I made with lavender, tea tree, chamomille EO's. No more itching! If you start researching essential oils, you will find they are extremely potent and the many uses. Good luck and welcome!

Oh....by skin tags, I think that may be what I've also heard called tag moles? If so, your doctor can freeze them off.

Latest posts

Back