Heather Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernheartsoaps

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get involved in several Scottish Games. It is something DH and I enjoy going to anyway, we are of Scottish descent and enjoy the games. Am trying to develop a "line" of Scottish-type soaps... however as we are determined to be "purists" and only use essential oils to scent with, we are limited somewhat. Is there a heather essential oil? I have googled and some sites say there is, some say not, confuses me. If such a thing exists, anyone know where to purchase it? If not, I'm thinking about using dried heather flowers (have found a place to purchase them) and perhaps heather honey in a soap and maybe scenting with a bit of lavender EO... any thoughts? ideas? I have a few other ideas for other Scottish soaps but if anyone has ideas for Scottish Soaps I'd love to hear... Thanks in advance!

no, no such thing, i sell eos. Going to be spendy soap with only essential oils, try new directions or anandaapothacary for eos. I started out that way, but fell in love with fos, there are SO many and my "people" seem to care more about the oils used(no animal fats) that the fragrance. Try lemongrass, its a great smell.

Do a search in the Gallery for LomondSoaps - she has made some of the most inspiring soaps honouring her home country of Scotland....

I used to buy imported soaps( got tired of paying the high prices) from a company called scottish fine soaps, maybe you can get some ideas from them? off topic, but they have the most awesome line called honey b.

Back