Has anyone used tussah silk in LS?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've read that tussah silk has been known to add a silky feel/glide to CP soap bars. I was wondering if anyone has used it in liquid soap and if it would have the same effect? : )

Will do, Zany! I have an order of tussah silk coming in and I'll do a batch. I'd love others' input as well - I'm still new to this and I sometimes don't notice or feel the difference between different oil combinations in my soaps, hahaha. Which is why I began to wonder if anyone who's done it in LS has noticed a difference.

I am waiting on my Tussah silk too... Shipper dispatched today. Will make avocado puree soap with Tussah silk n report back!

I use tussah in my master-batched lye solution, so it is in every bar soap I make, but I never thought about it for liquid soap. Now I want to try it; thanks for the idea! I love the extra glide it gives to bar soap, and I’ve also been thinking of trying it in a dual-lye shave soap for that reason.

Back to your liquid soap, another thought would be to try silk peptides in the LS. I have some of that around for making hair conditioner bars. It comes as a water-soluble or oil-soluble liquid; mine is water-soluble, so I would think it would be added at dilution and might need some PS80 to stay emulsified in the LS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back