has anyone soaped this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a while back, I ordered Somali Rose from MMS. It sounded really interesting.
Here's the descripton from MMS:

"A customer called us desperate for a fragrance he could no longer get. Can you imagine a masculine rose? Here it is! Rose with chocolate, sandalwood, anise, musk and a twist of green moss. A unique smell that had many staff members say "mmmmmm"! Now don't be too concerned about the rose in the name or the blend, this isn't a strong floral type. Very masculine and sexy. "

OOB it smells like little old lady perfume. YUCK! Has anyone soaped this? Is there any hope? If nobody has, I guess I'll have to try it out but I'm not looking forward to it.

Ooh! I love Somali Rose! It's so funny how different our smellers can be. You said that it reminds you of an old lady perfume but for the life of me I don't get 'old lady' from it at all. :lol: To me it smells like a really nice masculine scent. I've soaped it 3 times so far and they all came out great.

IrishLass :)

I don't know what's going on with my nose lately. I love Citrus Basil but even that smells kind of odd lately. Maybe it's the Hinoki Wood still floating around the house. My hubby liked that one. It's REALLY perfumey. It has patch in it too and I'm not a patch fan. It gave me a migraine. It's been banished to the garage. I'm fighting the urge to throw it in the trash. As for the Somali Rose, I'm going to give it a shot. Maybe I'll like it later.

OOB it smells like a middle eastern bazaar to me ;-)

I'm going to be using it next week. Will get back to you.

Latest posts

Back