Hand steamer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Should I wait till my soap is done curing to use my handsteamer to remove soda ash or can I do it right away! One of my batches didn't get soda ash right away only after curing for a while. Is there any tips for using my handsteamer or tips for soda ash. My mom likes it (soda ash) lol I don't 😆.
20221215_134251.jpg

I would probably wait until the soap is cured. I have to say that I don't see much soda ash on your soap. :)

I would probably wait until the soap is cured. I have to say that I don't see much soda ash on your soap. :)
Thank you it seems like only my soaps that go in the freezer get a bit of soda ash lol my soaps that go through gel faze haven't had any yet except the coffee one in the pic it went through gel faze but weeks later it looked white on top I tried to steam it off and it won't come off and I noticed that it doesn't look like a white powder more like faded soap so I have a feeling it's because I left that soap in the sunlight. But I tried the steamer on my Almond Honey Oatmeal soap and my Banana soap and it worked, my soaps look even nicer now.

Latest posts

Back