Hand holding needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow love the placemat idea......... what is the placemat made out of I need to go and find these immediately :) Since I have never seen this mentioned before I didn't think it would work. I did buy a roll of thick plastic shelf paper that I was thinking about trying but never did because I was afraid it would melt the plastic. Anyway soap looks great would love to see it cut. Its hard to tell from the pic what color it really is.... but so happy for you it came out the way you intended :)

If it's the closetmaid plastic shelf-liner stuff for their wire shelves, it will work beautifully. I get rolls of this at home depot. They are safe for CP, HP, and CPOP, I've baked it at 170 for hours testing it. Releases perfectly. Make sure the smoothest side is to the soap. 10ft roll for 7.00 makes several liners. Make em just like a freezer paper one, tape the ends with clear packing tape. :)

If it's the rubbermaid shelf liner stuff, it depends on which kind. I've tried a few. One that was cool was this clear ridged stuff, and while it wasn't right for a whole liner, I used it on the bottom of a mold to give a neat ridged texture.

Latest posts

Back